Tuesday, December 23, 2008

1st ER visit!!!

Well, let me tell you......having a baby scream bloody murder for two days and not doing anything about makes me feel like a piece of crap parent!!! B had a cold this past week and thought she was getting over it and we would move on. Not the case......The past couple nights she had been waking up and screaming, I didn't think too much of it....thought it was her stuffy nose that was causing her to wake up. She has been really fussy, but like G'ma pointed out, she is a fussy baby so I really didn't think too much of it. I later thought to myself Sunday night that maybe her ears were infected. She had a temp Sunday and called the Mercy nurse and they told me to give Tylenol and if not better in a few hours then bring her in. After two hours of screaming, we packed up B at 1:30am in below 0 temp and headed to the ER. Got back home around 4am with a diagnosis of an infected ear. She is still a pretty sick baby today, but Mommy couldn't take off another day so G'ma Traci is looking after her. I'm hoping she is better by Christmas, but like my cousin pointed out; someone is always sick for our holiday get together, and she is correct (last year it was my mom). Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone. I'll keep you posted on the sick baby!!

No comments: