Saturday, September 6, 2008

First Food!


This week we started B on her first food, the famous rice cereal that looks and smells like glue!! At first she was having a good time playing (as you can see in the picture to the left) then mommy took the toy away and started feeding her.....this made her furious but she managed to take a couple bites and then proceeded to spit it back out:) She was however very interested in the spoon but even that didn't keep her interested for very long. Just in case some are interested, we started her on food because she has not been sleeping at night and seemed to not be getting enough food from me so we decided to try it. Since the spoon feeding didn't work out as well as I thought it would, I decided to "slip" a little in a bottle before she went to bed and make a Slurpee out of it.....which I might say SHE LOVED!!! Her little eyes got all big and she drank it down in seconds! Some have told me not to add it to the bottle and that it won't make a difference in her sleeping at night.....well, last night she slept all night!! The problem that I had though was that I read an article about SIDS right before I went to bed, so I ended up not sleeping well anyway and still got up and checked on her over a handful of times! (I wouldn't recommend reading those kind of articles before you go to bed!) So anyway, as of now we are just adding a little to her bottle until she likes the cereal a little more and doesn't spit it out automatically. We are doing well besides working a lot and being sleep deprived:) Hope everyone is doing well!! Talk to you all soon!
Haha, it looks like she is a little milk drunk:)




This is the reaction I got after she tasted cereal for the first time! She had a lot of fun with the spoon but other then that.....I don't think she was a big fan!!

Sleepy girl!!!



1 comment:

The Kluver Family said...

Forget what "they" say, do what works for you & baby B.
:-)