Monday, May 23, 2011

Just thinkin...

"Trust In the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And he will make your paths straight."
(Proverbs 3:5-6)

The "Wisdom" Scriptures are my most favorite! I seem to ALWAYS have this verse playing in my head because i'm a "thinker" or probably the more accurate word would be "worrier". I'm always thinking about stuff, stuff that is out of my control. I first ran across this scripture when Corey's Aunt Marilyn got sick with brain cancer, I hadn't known her long, but I was trying to understand why He would take someone so special from us. I loved Marilyn, she truly held the Wilson Family together and everyone misses her very much. Anyway, it was a scripture that helped me better understand his path for us. I wrote it down and hung it in my office at work...it seemed to help me get through the day...and I was hoping that someone else would read it and help them as well.

So what does it mean to trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding? It means that we completely trust God with all that is in us, that we rely not on anything we can do on our own strength, and that we give all of the strength we possess, both physically and mentally, to the will of the Holy Spirit. Then God can fullfill his perfect will through us and bring glory to himself. We do not seek our own gain but desire God to receive all the glory. We get to enjoy what God does for himself. "In all your ways acknowledge him"- this is to fear God in all we do. To fear the Lord is to be wise. We should fear God when we get up in the morning, we should fear him when we start to talk, , think, eat, listen and act. This keeps us wise and most importantly keeps us from sinning. Here is the blessing: "HE WILL MAKE YOUR PATHS STRAIGHT." Why? Because they are no longer our paths but His. Since He is perfect, He can't have fault in Him. So the paths must lead to fullfilling his work, his perfect will, in and through the life he has given.

What is your path like today?

Just thinking.....Meg

1 comment:

The Kluver Family said...

I love this - thanks Megan!!! I too lean on thsi passage a lot for many of the same reasons, especially after losing Dad this spring.

Thanks hon and God Bless you and your family!!!